Get into the holiday spirit with these Christmas-inspired recipes! Sweet, creamy and ultra indulgent, this is what the holiday is all about. With their delicious taste, vitamins, and nutrients, these 5 healthy drinks make the perfect presents. Celebrate Christmas the healthy way!
Cranberry Ginger Hot Toddy (Alcohol & Sugar Free)
- Fresh Ginger thinly sliced
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Cranberries
- Sweetener of choice (I use stevia)
- In a saucepan boil water (the amount is up to you)
- Add the remaining ingredients to taste and boil for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to fully come out. I like to add another handful of cranberries just before serving.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- stevia or other sweetener to taste
- Combine all ingredients except sweetener in blender. Blend at medium speed until smooth. Check sweetness and add sweetener to taste; blend once more.
- Pour into a saucepan or microwaveable container and heat, stirring at regular intervals, until steaming. Pour into two mugs and serve.
Pecan Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups milk, like almond or coconut milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup raw pecans soaked for 1/2 hour or more
- optional, 2 T pure maple syrup (for vegan) or honey
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- optional, 3/4 cup ice to chill
- Blend and serve immediately!
- You can garnish with pecans, granola or crushed graham crackers (make gluten free if needed) and real or vegan whipped cream.
Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp of molasses
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 tsp of all spice, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor
- Blend all the ingredients together in your blender.
- Pour into a glass and drink. Done.