It really stinks when you have to get up early but you just can’t fall asleep. Your sleeplessness could be due to a number of things. You could be eating the wrong foods, trying to sleep counter to your natural rhythm, or spending too much time using electronics before bed. A good tip if you’ve been having trouble falling asleep is to stay away from screens for a couple hours before bedtime.
Just last night I was struggling to get to sleep, so I gave this little remedy a try. It definitely worked for me! Wasn’t bad tasting either. Let’s give it a try:
- 1 chamomile bag
- 1/ 1/2 cups of organic milk or coconut, almond, or hemp milk.
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 20 drops of Valerian
- Pour your milk or milk substitute into a small pan. I used almond milk. Add the chamomile tea bag and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Pour the cocoa powder into a mug and add a small amount of filtered water, forming a thick paste.
- Remove the teabag from the milk. Squeeze it to make sure the mix is drained from the bag.
- Add the Valerian tincture and pour the hot milk into the mug.
- Stir well and drink ten minutes before bed.