Have you been in doubt on how much water you need to drink in order to lose weight? Let’s see.
Water for losing weight
The body consists of water 66% of the total weight and it helps getting rid of excess weight.
When it comes to water consumption sand losing weight there are many rules. Drinking too much water can cause imbalance in the content of salt in the body, but also the potassium levels can get disturbed, leading to headaches, nausea, fatigue, and vomiting.
How much water should be consumed for losing weight?
The best option is to follow the 8×8 rule, i.e. 8 glasses of 8 oz. It equals 2 liters, however, the researchers say that a normal person should consume 4 liters of water daily. This is when other factors come into the picture. Those are sleep patterns, diet, fitness level, and body type.
It is safe to assume that you do your workouts too, since you are on a weightless journey, thus, make sure that you hydrate well before and after your workouts. If you are dehydrated after the workouts, it can cause dizziness and headaches. Drink water between the workouts if possible.
Juices, coffee, and tea add up to your total water consumption, as well as foods like orange, watermelon, peach, tomato, and cucumber (the all contain water). Consider them when you measure your water intake, too.
Discover how much water you have to drink every day:
- Your weight – the heavier you are the more amount of water you have to consume. Also, the need for water of each person is different.
- Convert your weight into pounds – take 2.20 pounds for 1 kg (roughly).
- Multiply your weight by the pounds you get by 2/3 – if you weigh 200 pounds, multiply it by 2/3, giving you an approximate figure of 133, thus you have to consume 133 oz. of water each day.
- Take into consideration the amount of exercise you do – in case you work out for 30 minutes a day, drink extra 12 oz. of water.
These calculations are done on generalized sampling of people, and the main rules are:
- Consume water even though you are not thirsty. If you feel thirst, then it means that your organs sent a signal to the brain that you are already dehydrated. Thus, consume it throughout the day. You can use mobile apps to help you remember drink water each hour.
- You will need extra water if you exercise. However, never gulp water right after the exercises, but rather sip it and let it wet your mouth.
- In case you want to enhance its taste, then you can use lemon or other citrus fruit.
Follow these tips and ensure you drink a lot of water during the day.