Often times, we go to sleep feeling full or with an upset stomach. This can be attributed to the consumption of a heavy meal, whose poor digestion could lead to acid reflux, heartburn, or interrupted sleep.
Fortunately, there is a natural treatment for this problem – a combination of ginger, coconut milk, and turmeric.
Health benefits of turmeric:
- Relieve arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Stimulates liver detoxification and improves liver function. Also, improves bile flow and prevents bile stones.
- Thins the blood and boosts blood circulation.
- Helps soothe the digestive tract and prevents ulcers due to its antiseptic effects.
- Relieves pain and fever.
- Prevents and treats cancer.
Coconut milk is abundant in healthy fats and has strong antimicrobial properties which can prevent digestive or stomach problems caused by bacteria.
Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and it is able to relieve symptoms of the digestive tract lining.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger, or 1 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1-quarter tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. of organic honey
- 2 cups of coconut milk
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the honey. Mix well and then transfer the mixture in a saucepan. Bring to a low boiling and bubbling. Then, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, add the honey and drink while it`s still warm.
The recipe is simple and easy to prepare. This is a powerful drink that has the ability to improve digestion and help you prevent stomach problems at night.
Consume the remedy 1 hour before going to bed. The next morning, you`ll wake up refreshed and full of energy.