Garlic is one of the most commonly used ingredients in almost every cuisine around the world. It is popular because it has a great taste, gives a special flavor to every dish and on top of that, it is useful for our health.It is best eaten raw, because its active ingredient allicin loses its properties when thermally processed.
Raw garlic can help you with a multitude of medical conditions, and it is even recommended by the doctors. It can help to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol, prevent coronary heart disease and heart attack. Also, it is very useful in alleviating atherosclerosis.
It is excellent for strengthening the immune system and helps in the detoxification of the body and significant weight loss.
Health Benefits of Consuming Raw Garlic
- It reduces hypertension and cholesterol.
- It prevents coronary heart disease and heart attack.
- It prevents development of atherosclerosis.
- It protects against common health issues such as cold, flu, fever, diarrhea, bug bites, and fungal infections.
- It reduces the symptoms of osteoarthritis, enlarged prostate and diabetes.
- It improves immunity and the body’s ability to remove toxins when consumed on a regular basis.
- It stimulates healthy fat loss.
Garlic also combines well with onion and ginger providing natural detox from chemotherapy. It is also highly beneficial for strengthening the immune system.
How to Use Garlic?
Consuming raw garlic is the best way to reap its health benefits because allicin, garlic’s active ingredient, loses its medicinal properties when cooked. What you do is crush some garlic and leave it for 15 minutes before consumption. Crushing garlic makes allicin more bio-available.
It’s also important to know that garlic is best consumed on an empty stomach as a full stomach can’t properly absorb all the nutrients from garlic.
Raw Garlic and Honey
Start by crushing 2-3 garlic cloves then mix them with a tablespoon of honey.
For optimal health benefits including more energy, healthy weight loss and good overall health, consume this mixture on a regular daily basis.