The nose consists of a complex system made up of narrow channels and eight sinuses cavities in bones filled with air that are related to eyes and ears. Nose enables inhalation of air from the environment and processed before it reaches the lungs.
It is therefore very important to keep the airway health and protection from the flu and colds, sinusitis or allergies. These lead to nasal congestion known as rhinitis, inflammation of the mucous membrane and often leads to sinusitis.
Here are the best natural remedies that you can make yourself at home and are effective in sinusitis:
- Try to provide a constant flow of mucus in the nasal cavity. Take a shower with hot water and inhale water vapor to experience rapid improvement. Moisture opens clogged airways and helps with clogged sinuses.
- Take one teaspoon of plain salt and mix it with a cup of hot water. Place a few drops of this solution in the nose with head thrown back. When the solution comes to your sinuses you will feel relief and appeasement.
- Because sinus infection is caused by inflammation of the lining of the nose, and turmeric as a spice can help because it has inflammatory properties. The active ingredient curcumin helps because it heats the sinus cavities and clean airways.
- Spicy food helps because it improves the flow of mucus through the airways. When you open the outer channel of the sinus, you will feel relief.
- Boil about half a liter water with a few drops of oil of wild oregano and inhale. It’s best to cover your head with a towel to be able to breathe more steam. Oil of oregano is a potent cure for infections due to its antibiotic properties.
- Chop onion into pieces, closer to the nose and inhale. Eating raw onions can help In the treatment of clogged sinuses.
- The tomato juice is an excellent home remedy for clogged sinuses. Boil one cup of tomato juice with tablespoon of chopped garlic, half a tablespoon chili sauce, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a little salt.