Regardless of whether they smoke or not, a lot of people want to have whiter teeth and to remove buildup of plaque. Besides making the teeth look unattractive and yellowish, plaque and tartar can damage the teeth and thus cause a lot of dental problems like bone degeneration, coronary disease, or degradation.
Usually, we think that plaque needs to be removed at the dentist’s office; however, you will be surprised to hear that there are numerous natural methods for removal of tartar and plaque at the comfort of your own home.
Let’s take a look:
- Baking soda-mix 3 tbsp of baking soda and 2 tbsp of salt and apple cider vinegar. When the mixture starts foaming, it is ready for use. Brush your teeth with the mixture and then rinse the mouth. Don’t repeat it daily however, but from time to time.
- Horsetail-you need 30 grams of horsetail boiled in 300 ml of water for 20 minutes. Drink the content two times per day, for a period of 20 days.
- Apple cider vinegar-put apple cider vinegar in a glass and then soak your toothbrush in the vinegar for a couple of minutes. Then, brush your teeth with it for 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards, brush the teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Aloe Vera and glycerin-mix baking soda, a tsp of Aloe Vera gel, a tsp of lemon juice, and four tsp of vegetable glycerin in a bowl with warm water. Wash the teeth with this solution daily and always brush the teeth with regular toothpaste afterwards.
- Orange peel– before going to bed, rub the teeth with an orange peel and don’t wash the teeth. The next morning, brush the teeth as usually.
- Strawberries-cut several strawberries in half and then rub your teeth with them. When you’re done, brush the teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Coconut oil-put two tsp of coconut oil in the mouth and gargle with the oil. Hold it in the mouth for 5 minutes and then spit out the content. This oil pulling method will destroy all bacteria and toxins in the cavity and decrease the plaque and tartar.
- Banana peel-since bananas are rich in potassium, vitamin D, magnesium, and calcium, they’re excellent for the teeth. Hence, take a banana peel and rub the teeth and palates with the inner side for 2 minutes. Then brush your teeth as usually.
- Linden flower and sunflower– mix 4 tsp of linden flower, a liter of water, 3 tsp of sunflower seeds, and a bowl of water, and then put the content to boil for thirty minutes. Brush your teeth with the mixture after it has cooled down.
- Walnut shells– you will need to add 30 grams of walnut shells in a bowl of water and leave it to boil for 15 minutes. Then you need to brush the teeth with the mixture.