Centuries ago, the traditional folk remedies were used because of their medicinal properties. Today, we are becoming more aware of their efficiency. Another proof of the efficiency of the traditional folk remedies is the combination of baking soda and castor oil.
Health Benefits Of Baking Soda And Castor Oil
This oil is known for its effectiveness treating a number of conditions and ailments where commercial medications have failed.
It is helpful in boosting circulation and people use it as a skin coating.
You can do this using the following:
– A plastic foil
– A clean gauze
– A bottle of warm water
– Cold pressed castor oil
What you need to do is to first of all clean the affected portion using a mixture of water and baking soda.
Heat up the oil using a pot then place a gauze in the pot of castor oil.
After which you then apply this castor oil soaked gauze to the affected part.
You should cover up the affected portion with a plastic foil then place the bottle of warm water on top of it. Use a towel to thoroughly wrap the gauze and bottle of warm water and let it stay in place for 60 minutes.
Make sure you carry out this procedure for a period of 40 days, then replace the coating each time it changes colour or starts to smell.
A leading researcher into the health benefits of castor oil, Dr. William A. McGarey believes that castor oil is effective in the treatment of the following ailments and health conditions.
- Treating bruises, wounds, and cuts to accelerate the healing process;
- Strained ankle (wrap a coating of the oil and let it stay overnight);
- Stretch marks during pregnancy (massage your stomach with the oil in the last 2 months of pregnancy);
- Eliminating dark spots on the face (make a mixture of castor oil and baking soda);
- Cure cataracts (apply a drop in the eye each night before going to sleep);
- Treating chronic hoarseness and vocal cords nodules (apply a coating soaked in castor oil on the neck on daily basis);
- Treating pilonidal cysts (apply it on the affected area);
- Treating chronic diarrhea (apply coating soaked in castor oil on the stomach);
- Soothe pain in the lower back (apply coatings soaked in the oil for 1 week);
- Remove tinnitus (drink 6-8 drops of the oil for 4 months);
- Improve hearing (put a few drops in the ear);
- Stimulate hair growth (massage it on the scalp with the oil on daily basis for 20 minutes before shampooing);
- Treat nicotine and alcohol addiction (drink couple of drops of the oil daily);
- Eye allergies (rub some castor oil on the eyelids before going to bed);
- Treating allergies (consume 5 drops of the castor oil in the morning on daily basis);
- Get rid of moles (rub some castor oil on the mole);
- Remove deposits of calcium (massage the soles with the oil on daily basis);
- Eliminate fungal infection on the feet (apply the oil on daily basis);
- Eliminate warts (rub the oil on the affected spot for a period of 1 month);
- Stop snoring (apply coatings of castor oil on the stomach for 2 weeks);
- Eliminate swelling (apply the oil on bee stings for treating it immediately);
- Treat skin cancer (make a mixture of baking soda and castor oil);
- Treat hepatitis effectively;
- Treat hyperactivity (apply coatings soaked in castor oil on the stomach).